Last modified: February 10, 2021
Davines North America, Inc. (“Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy (this “Policy”). This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the https://us.comfortzoneskin.com/ (this “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Website is intended for use by users located in the United States only and the laws of the United States shall apply to our collection of information on this Website and to Davines North America, Inc.’s use of such information. If you are accessing this Website from outside the United States, please be aware that the laws of the United States and other countries to which your information may be transferred may not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your home country.
This Website is hosted by Shopify. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
This Policy does not extend to other websites or applications, including our affiliates’ respective country-specific pages intended for non-U.S. users.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- On [ comfort zone ]’s social media pages;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages from [ comfort zone ] or sent on our behalf through our affiliates or other third parties;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising, applications, and posted content on third-party websites and services (including social media platforms and networks), if those applications, advertising or posted content include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on this Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
This Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to us on this Website or through any other platform. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on this Website, make any purchases through this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the blog linked to this Website, interact with us on social media or other platforms, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information (as defined below) from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of this Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, city, order history, preferred spa, skin type, skin goals, images of your skin, or any similar information, or social media handle ("Personal Information").
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From our contractors, service providers, such as analytics providers, advertising agencies, and other third parties that support our business.
- On social media platforms and networks including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
- Automatically as you navigate through this Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this Website or creating an account. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with this Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through this Website.
- Your search queries on this Website.
Social media content: Information associated with your social media account including but not limited to: first name, last name, email address, username, nickname/screen name, IP address, location, timestamp and information or content you provide such as photographs, videos, reviews, which you agreed to share with us by replying with the hashtag we may send you from time to time, responding to our direct message or by using other social media tools; or such information that you submit on our social media platforms.
Information such as comments that you publish or display on public areas of this Website, including but not limited to our blog (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on this Website at your own risk.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with this Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to this Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on this Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to this Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages on this Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and to measure other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see how you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website. See also Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present this Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including but not limited to processing your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, and preventing transactional fraud.
- To respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns, monitor and improve our responses.
- To create, maintain, manage, customize and secure your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history.
- To notify you about changes to this Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers.
- To operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials, and to show you advertisements for our products on social media and other websites.
- To communicate with you via direct message or through other social media tools (e.g., hashtags) if you interact with us on social media (e.g., through tagging).
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and respond to law enforcement requests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on this Website, such as posting reviews and testimonials on our products and comments on our blog.
- To personalize your experience on this Website and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To provide, support, and develop this Website, products, and services (including but not limited to customer care).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of this Website, our products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about this Websites' users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of [ comfort zone ]’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Davines North America, Inc. about this Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of this Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Davines North America, Inc. to promote our own products or services, you can let us know by unchecking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your email address/contact information (e.g., payment page and registration form on our Website). If you subscribed to our email newsletter, you may unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
California residents may have additional rights and choices with respect to their Personal Information. Please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into your [ comfort zone ] account on this Website and visiting your account profile page.
California residents may have additional rights and choices with respect to their Personal Information. Please see our California Privacy Notice for more information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. Please visit our privacy notice for California residents for more information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of this Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of this Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to this Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL LOGIN
This Website may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible or liable for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
To ask questions about or comment on this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at
Toll-free Phone Number:
+1 (212) 924-2470 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm ET)
Davines North America, Inc.,
Attn: Customer Care,
61 North 11th Street, 2nd Fl,
Brooklyn, NY 11249